Alumina Limited is a leading Australian company listed on the ASX and the OTC market. Our strategy is to invest world-wide in bauxite mining, alumina refining and selected aluminium smelting operations through our 40% ownership of Alcoa World Alumina & Chemicals (AWAC), the world's largest alumina business with a production capacity of approximately 14.1 million tonnes per annum.
Our partner, Alcoa, owns 60% of AWAC, and is the manager.
ASX Code: AWC
OTX market code: AWCMY
GICS Industry Group: Materials
52 week stock price range to 31 Dec 2018
Ordinary Shares: A$2.16 - A$3.09
ADRs: US$6.09 - US$8.97
Market capitalisation (A$ billion) as at 31 Dec 2018
2,879,843,498 ordinary shares
Investor relations contact
T +61 3 8699 2613
Performance for the 12 months ending 31 Dec 2018
- Net (loss)/profit after tax US$635.4M
- Net profit after tax excluding significant items of US$363.1M
- AWAC twelve month alumina production of 12.2M tonnes
- Basic EPS US cents 22.1
- Dividends paid to shareholders - 22.7 US cents
- Dividends and distributions paid to Alumina US$657.2
AWAC's operations span four continents. The integrated global network strategically positions AWAC to supply alumina to the world smelting markets, with options to expand low-cost production facilities in the future.
AWAC has interests in 6 alumina refineries and 6 bauxite mines and also operates an aluminium smelter in Victoria, Australia.
AWAC alumina growth projects
- In December 2009, Alcoa Inc and Ma'aden entered into an agreement setting forth terms of a joint venture between them to develop a fully integrated aluminum complex in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. AWAC has a 25.1% economic interest in the bauxite mine and alumina refinery only. The mine has an initial capacity of 4.0 million metric tonnes per year and the refinery an initial capacity of 1.8 million metric tonnes per year. The refinery realised it's nameplate capacity (based on annualised run rate) in December 2017.
Strategy for shareholders
Alumina Limited's strategy is to invest in the leading bauxite and alumina business in the world, Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals (AWAC). To achieve this Alumina Limited commits to maximising long-term shareholder returns by:
- Working together with Alcoa on the strategic direction of AWAC
- Ensuring stewardship and governance oversight of the AWAC investment
- Providing transparency into the business performance