Alumina Limited

About AWAC

Alumina Limited's sole investment is in Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals (AWAC).

Alumina Limited owns 40 per cent of AWAC and the remaining 60 per cent is owned by Alcoa, the manager and day-to-day operator of AWAC's global operations. The AWAC joint venture was formed in 1994 and our relationship with Alcoa dates back to 1961.

AWAC is the world's largest producer of alumina (the feedstock for producing aluminium) and also the world's largest bauxite miner.