Values & code of conduct
Roadmap: high level framework / relationships
Alumina’s Values - the way we do things at Alumina
|Respect||We will respect each other and company property|
|Integrity||We will stand by our word ensuring a reputation as a highly professional team delivering on commitments to all stakeholders|
|Honesty||We will be open, honest and fair in our dealings with people based on a clear set of ethical standards|
|Personal Commitment||We will be personally responsible for acting in accordance with the law, Alumina’s Values, Code of Conduct and company policies, and be accountable for expected results|
|High Performance||We will be energised by the excitement and fulfilment of raising the bar in everything we do|
Alumina Limited’s Code of Conduct
- We will be honest and ethical in all of our actions and relationships and act in the interests of the shareholders.
- As a minimum, we will observe the rule and intent of all relevant governmental laws, regulatory and professional rules and guidelines.
- We will maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality at all times with respect to company, employees and business associates information.
- We will act fairly, be honest, open, and accountable in all dealings with internal and external parties.
- We will avoid situations in which individual personal interest may conflict with the interest of the company and communicate any real or potential conflict of interest to the Board.
- We will maintain all records of the company to be accurate, in accordance with applicable procedures and accounting standards and that financial information is complete, fair, timely and understandable.
- Where commercially prudent, financial information is openly available to internal and external users.
- We will maintain systems of sound internal controls and procedures, and act in a manner to protect the Company's assets, appropriately manage risk and ensure financial information is complete and accurate.
- We will uphold the Company's values and principles as reflected in this Code, the Company's policies, standards and charters.
- We will not use the corporate privilege of information, position or property for the purposes of personal gain or competing with the company.
- In fostering ethical, fair and legal behaviour, we encourage officers and employees to report any questionable practice. Reprisals against people for reports made in good faith will not be tolerated.
- Any request for a waiver of the provisions of this Code may only be considered by the Company's Board of Directors. Any waiver granted will be promptly disclosed on the Company's website.
- Any suspected violations of this Code should be reported promptly to the Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors. Violations will be investigated by the Board or by a person or persons designated by the Board and appropriate action will be taken in the event of any violations of the Code.